Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Stims Day 5

  Today is my day off.  Normally I would like to try to sleep in, as much as my cats will let me at least.  Then spend my day going to the gym, working on dinner plans or whatever needs to be done around the house.  Instead, I got up bright and early for a day full of appts.  I started out with a monitoring appointment.  My "good" vein is still bruised from the lab draw with Dr. Kwak-Kim's office last week, so Kathy tried a new spot.  It hurt, but it worked.  Unfortunately, it's already bruising.  I suppose I should blame the Lovenox for that.  The ultrasound came next with Denise, my favorite nurse.  To be truthful, my RE only has 1 nurse, but compared to the one I had at my old REs office, she is amazing!  I was very pleasantly surprised to find that I am already surpassing my AFC.  I have 3 follicles on the right and 8 on the left!  I'm hoping that right side catches up a little.  I can't wait to see how things look on Friday when I go back,
  I also already had acupuncture today.  I have a hard time relaxing sometimes during the session.  I made a big effort to try to just focus on my breathing and to think about my growing follicles.  I tried to picture them developing, producing eggs and becoming our children.  I think I might finally be in a place where I can allow myself to get excited about the cycle.  I know I was having a rough time with that.  It's okay to be fearful, but I can't let that fear make me negative in my thinking.  When I was at the acupuncturist, I was buying more sessions and trying to figure out how many more I'd have.  The receptionist said I go 2 times a week through 7 weeks.  I actually had to stop and think about what she meant.  7 weeks pregnant.  By then, I'll know there is/are heartbeat(s), and will have my first ultrasound.  It's hard to wrap my mind around that.  After so much failure, the idea that this could work.
  So, like I said, today is day 5 of stims.  I started Lovenox on Monday as well.  That shot hurts like I've never felt before, but if it helps, it's totally worth it.  Im starting to feel a little bloated, but my weight is still decreasing (I have no idea how that works, but I'll take it!). I really haven't gotten too emotional yet, but expect to be weepy by monday or so.  I have noticed I'm a bit shorter tempered and kind of forgetful.  And I hot flash like crazy.  Thanks a lot Lupron.  I thought we were friends!      

No comments:

Post a Comment