Friday, July 19, 2013

Egg retrieval day!

Well, today was the day!  Our egg retrieval.  As instructed, last night I stopped eating and drinking at 10pm.  We were to show up at the clinic at 9.  They took dh back for his contribution first.  I unintentionally told him to have fun.  Most awkward thing I've said in that office so far.  They also have a new "men at work" sign to hang on the door.  Cue snickers. 

Next was my turn.  My favorite nurse took me back to go over instructions for after.  I changed into my paper gown, hat and booties and waited.  Finally they moved me to the procedure room, I got my iv and it was time to sleep.

I woke up maybe half an hour later and they moved me to recovery.  My nurse left to find out how many eggs we got.  It seemed like a lifetime before she came back.  We got 14 eggs!!  More than we anticipated!  The re poked his head in, seemed happy with himself and said he'll call me tomorrow w a fert report.  They are planning to do an icsi split if we have at least mature eggs.  We are also planning for a 5day transfer as long as things look okay. 

Overall, I feel good.  A little sore, but nothing like I expected.  I've been hanging out watching movies all day anyways.  I start pio shots and crinone tomorrow.  Oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment