Thursday, August 29, 2013

Busy Busy

   I didn't realize I haven't updated in almost 2 weeks.  I'm now 7w6d.  Since my last post, we've have a few more dr appts, some drama, and some very exciting announcements.  As far as the Dr. appts go, My RE is ready to release me next week.  I can't believe I'll be leaving them and going to an OB.  Part of me is sad,as I have grown close to the office, but another part of me is excited because this is a huge milestone for us.  Granted, everyday is a milestone.  I already have my OB appt made for sept 10th. 
  I've had a couple appts with Dr. KKs office too.  The ultrasounds have been much better since I've been able to be with the other person.  Everytime she shows me something new and takes the time to explain what shes doing.  We officially have 2 strong heartbeats that were both 143 yesterday.  She said they aren't embryos anymore, that they are fetuses and they have amniotic sacs.  She even looked at them in 3D!  DH was able to be there for yesterday's ultrasound and got to hear the heartbeats.  He was so amazed.  The previous week, we had found 2 small subchorionic hemorrhages.  This week, one has resolved and the other is small.  they want me to continue on my limited activity for now.  I also got an IVIg infusion yesterday.  Aside from them having issues getting the IV, then I had a small allergic reaction, it went fine.  The NP spoke with us for awhile about our plan.  Eventually we will be able to back off a little, but for now I still have weekly appts.  I get to skip next week because I'll be seeing the RE though.  All my appts are booked through the first week of October and unfortunately 3 of the 4 ultrasound appts are with the person I don't like.  I don't like it but I don't have much choice.  I have no problem telling her if she's being inappropriate or hurting me. 
  Unfortunately, the drama we've had is with Dr. KKs office too.  We've been dealing with payment issues between columbia pharmacy and our insurance company.  Long story short, we found out that despite my giving my specialty pharmacy information to the office to order my IVIg, they chose to send the order to columbia pharmacy.  I was told that I would be fine because I am preauthorized and that they are contracted through columbia.  Well, now my EOB is stating that I may owe $4600+.  When I discussed this with insurance, it turns out that the charge is because Columbia is out of network.  The insurance company isn't happy w the dr office, but they are working to hopefully approve it as a one time thing.  Its such a headache.  I had to fight to get my preauthorization, now I'm stuck making sure everyone is doing their jobs.  The order if finally at the correct pharmacy so it is what it is.  The Drs office doesn't seem to care that they made a huge mistake though.  It makes it difficult to trust them.  That paired with the inconsistent communication is enough to make me want to leave.  I do plan to consult with a high risk OB/MFM so hopefully I can transition some of their care to the MFM and limit my time w KK.  I'm thankful they were able to play a part in this pregnancy, but at what point can I stop being under a microscope?
  Now that we've got 2 healthy heartbeats, we told our parents, siblings and grandparents.  For the most part, everyone was surprised and thrilled.  My grandma wasn't as excited as I hoped but that might just be her.  I also found out that DHs best friend's wife is due with #2 about 3 weeks before us, so we finally told them.  I also told my boss.  I hadn't wanted to tell her so early, but with the SCH and the need for restricted activity I needed her to talk to the assistant managers for me so I don't get crazy heavy assignments.  She was thrilled for me and even gave me a hug.  All in all, not too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment