Monday, August 5, 2013

Beta #2

I'm too excited to come up with something clever to name this post.  Our second beta is 829!  The RE was very happy with that number and has said I don't need any more betas.  He scheduled our first ultrasound for 8/16!  We'll get to see what's going on in there!  I still can't believe this is happening.

I finally heard back from the RI's office.  I was slightly disappointed that they didn't even say congrats.  They did email me the recommendations now, some of which I think are slightly over the top.  This is what was emailed to me:

Recommendations:
a. Bhcg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday until heartbeat on ultrasound
b. Progesterone and estradiol levels weekly
c. CBC, Aptt, and Chemistry panel monthly
d. TSH, FT3 and FT4 weekly for 8 weeks
e. Ultrasound at our clinic for blood flow weekly
d. Increase prednisone to 10 mg three times daily
f. IVIG if possible
g. Repeat NK and Cytokines in one week with APA, ANA and DNA antibodies



I can tell you right now I am not having betas drawn for the next 1.5 weeks.  There is nothing they would do if something changed.  I was able to talk them into drawing the first round of all that labwork next week when I come for my first u/s with them.  I'll do more IVIg but I'll have to wait until Im a month out from the previous dose so my insurance will pay for it.  I knew there would be a lot more monitoring, but Im still surprised how closely they are watching me.  I should be happy, since this is what it took to get here in the first place.


I had breakfast with my mom today after my lab draw.  I didn't tell her I'm pregnant.  Let me tell you, hardest thing ever!  I think we want to wait till we have an idea what's going on/heartbeat(s) etc so we feel safer telling family.  I have no idea how Im going to keep this secret.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! Wonderful beta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! What wonderful news Megs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you had a great beta #2 :-D I can imagine that is the hardest secret ever!

    ReplyDelete