Monday, June 24, 2013

At least I still have my clothes on

  That's what I said at work on Saturday.  The shots have begun!  I started Lupron this past Saturday.  I was a little apprehensive about side effects.  I've been told by others to expect killer headaches and hot flashes.  So far, I've had one hot flash and it wasn't too bad.  Not compared to when I was on clomid at least.  Today is also the last day of birth control pills.  Lupron's job, like birth control, is to shut down my natural hormone cycle.  I'll be on this for 2 weeks approximately before I start my stimulation meds.
  I've seen on other people's blogs that sometimes they get some nasty bruises with lupron.  So far my belly looks fine but I've gotten random HORRIBLE bruises in random spots on my arms and legs.  I'm talking bigger than a half dollar on the insides on my calves and thighs.  I don't remember hitting them on anything, but they're big, dark and have big bumps under them.  Painful too.  Best I can guess is that maybe it's a combo of the baby aspirin and fish oil.  I can only guess how bad it'll look once I start lovenox.  Maybe I should invest in some maxi skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment