Saturday, June 15, 2013

An update

Since my last entry had a theme, I wanted to write a separate entry with an update.  I emailed my RI's office yesterday since I hadn't heard about the thyroid labs we drew last week.  Well, it turns out that after being on synthroid since April, my thyroid levels are all normal!  TSH came back at 0.97!  They wanted it less than 2 to do our cycle.  The free T3 & T4 were normal as well.  It helps me believe that it really is okay to cycle.  I've been cautious this time.  I was afraid to join a cycle group on theBump.   Every time I do, I get cancelled.  I have no lab draws until I go for baseline in a few weeks.  This is really happening!

Now is the time to get my game plan together.  The med protocols are set and I have all the meds (minus the doxycycline-I still need my script for that).  My therapist has decided to schedule me a couple appts instead of just going appt to appt.  She wants us to work on relaxation.  I'm thanful she knows what I need.  My acupuncturist also knows what the plan is so we can start the IVF protocol.  I even am stocked up on bath bombs to relax myself. 
 I've managed to slightly destress myself at work this summer too.  I have my first nurse extern.  She is a senior nursing student and will be with me all summer.  She does the hands on part of my job and I teach her all about NICU nursing.  I love her and she's wonderful.  Should prove to be beneficial once I'm on lifting restrictions after the ET too. 

Now if I could only get my game face on for these PIO shots. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad your labs are right on track!! I also have a nurse extern this summer, I think it's the second one I've had. I really love teaching about what I do (psych nursing). FX for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was nervous to have an extern. Some days i still feel like I should have a preceptor lol. I'll admit that now that she's been with me for like a week, I kinda feel like a badass.

    ReplyDelete