Friday, May 24, 2013

Stop the Ride, I want to get off.

  Today was the day of my followup with Dr. Kwak-Kim.  I left my house 2 hours before my appt time, since it's a holiday weekend and all.  I made it in just over an hour.  They didnt take me back until about 20 min past my appt time.  I asked the nurse if they received my cd3 labs from the RE.  They didn't.  So I jump on the phone with a new fax number and the RE sends them right over.  Dr. KK finally comes in and we talk briefly about the cd3 labs.  She wasn't overly too worried about them.  Then she proceeds to tell me that we're going to draw my thryoid levels.  I remind her that I had them drawn a week ago.  Apparently ACL didn't send the results.  She leaves to go find out what happened.  20 minutes or so later, she comes back.  They were able to get some of my results, but the PAI-1 and a few others weren't done yet.  We were able to talk about what she did get and was told things are going in the right direction.  She doubled my synthroid, since my level is hanging out around 2.5.  She changed my folic acid to metanx, which apparently is a digested form.  This should help my homocystine level come down.  My DEAS level came down, but my testosterone levels aren't in yet. 
  Due to PAI-1 and testosterone not being in yet, she couldn't talk more about the plan and has also said she may need me to push back the July cycle.  That set me over the edge.  I reminder her that we asked her 4 times in last months consult if she was sure July would be okay to schedule.  She said yes so I scheduled it.  I rearranged my work schedule, which is NOT easy during the summer.  I have rescheduled this IVF cycle 4 times.  My boss is going to see me as unreliable.  I understand she wants me to be in my best shape and that it'll help my success, but when is enough enough?  I feel like there is always going to be something not 100% perfect.  She told me if the missing labs dont come back good, we increase the metformin.  I wish she had just gone ahead and done it.  That way I don't lose time waiting for labs to show up. 
     I know that all of this is for a reason.  I need to keep my eye on the prize.  I am just getting so tired of living my life month to month.  I can't plan anything and I feel so out of control.  But what else am I supposed to do? 

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry the appointment didn't how you wanted and that the plan isn't going as smoothly as you wanted!

    ReplyDelete