Tuesday, February 19, 2013

straight outta left field.....

Having infertility should come with super powers.  If I can't have a child, I should at least get some kind of badass super power to make up for it.  Right about now I'd kill to be able to predict the future.  I was driving home tonight after a long, trying day at work when my phone rang.  It was my sister in law.  I should have been tipped off right there cause she doesn't really call me a whole lot.  She was calling to let me know I'm going to be an auntie in October.  I swear I almost crashed the car.  All of a sudden, I didn't know what to do.  It felt like the air had been sucked out of my lungs.  A million thoughts flooded my mind at once.  "October?  how many weeks does that make her?" "I thought they were waiting like 5 years"and of course the inevitable..."why?"

I held it together pretty well while talking to her, but then she handed the phone to my brother.  My strength failed me and I started crying.  I congratulated him, calling him "daddy."  We ended the phone call and all I could do was sob.  I feel like the worlds worst sister, because even though Im happy for them, in the back of my mind, I'm throwing myself a huge pity party.  I am angry that I have to deal with IF and that it is robbing me of such a joyful event.  I am scared that my next IVF will fail again and that I will never have children.  But I am also relieved that my brother and sister in law do not have to fight this fight too.  My brother had a testicular torsion when he was younger, so I worried IF was in his future too.  For that I am thankful. 

I think I need to get a cape for my next IVF cycle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment