Sunday, March 17, 2013

Worn out

This is my weekend to work.  Typically I don't mind working every other weekend too much.  It just seems that lately, I have a lot less tolerance.  I am tired of having to put on the brave face whenever I get caught off guard by another pregnancy announcement from people that have tried for a month.  I am tired of saying "no, not yet" through gritted teeth when patient's families ask me if I have kids.  I am tired of listening to people bitch about how sick they are, or say that they really didnt need to try to get pregnant.  And so help me God, if one more person tells me to relax, I will rip their eyes out of their sockets. 

I know there's a saying that you were given this life because you were strong enough to live it.  Well, I'm tired of having to be so freakin strong ALL THE TIME!  Yet at the same time, I can't allow myself to crumble and fall apart for fear that I won't be able to pull myself back together.

 I just keep reminding myself how much more I will appreciate my child for everything I have had to go through to get it.  The thought of my child lying on my chest as I rock them to sleep is what gets me through the bad days.  Until then, I can always dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment