Saturday, March 23, 2013

"Excuse me Maam, can I help you find something?" "yes, how about my dignity"

This week has been a challenge.  I had been procrastinating buying a birthday gift for DH's best friend's baby who is turning 1 in a few days.  Her party is today, about 2 hours away.  I finally caved & went shopping Wednesday.  I boldly decided to go to BuyBuyBaby, because I could get what I wanted plus be able to use a coupon.  I'll tell ya, as soon as I stepped foot in the store, I knew I made a mistake.  It was like an instant panic attack.  I'm pretty sure they pump Dreft though the air ducts.  I grabbed a cart for stability, and tried to find my coveted Little People Zoo.  It didn't take long to find it, but I also wanted to get an outfit or something to go with it. 

As I made my way around the store, it seemed like there was a sales person every 20 feet asking if I needed help.  No.  I know my way around the store.  All I wanted to do was disappear, get my items and get the hell out, so please stop asking if I need help.  The one thing I want is the one thing I can't buy at BuyBuyBaby.  I ended up finding the cutest little outfit and made the fastest beeline for the register.  The cashier rang me up and tells me the toy needs batteries.  No, I don't need your baby batteries.  If her parents want it to make noise, they can put their own batteries in.  I grabbed my gift receipt, a gift box and practically sprinted to the car.  All that to save 14 dollars. 

I'm just praying no one asks me when we're gonna have kids.  Or maybe I should just pray for wine. Lots of Wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment