Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's been awhile....

Oh my poor neglected blog, I'm so sorry for ignoring you!  It's been a busy few months.  Let's see, where did we leave off.  Oh yeah.  The failed IVF cycle.  That sucked.  When we met with the RE for our WTF appt, he said that on paper, the cycle went just fine.  He recommended we cycle again with the same protocol.  He changed me doses a little & added baby aspirin to the routine.  We ops ted to join in the December cycle group, partially because I was was afraid that if we stopped treatments for too long, that we wouldn't start back up, and also because I've already met my deductible this year. 

I started BCPs around Halloween and had my baseline the day after Thanksgiving.  Stims started the day after that.  Honestly, I was surprised that he didn't cancel me.  During my baseline, they found a cyst on mt right ovary.  Apparently, it wasn't that big and must not have been affecting my estrogen levels, so I got the green light.  Stims this time went so much more smoothly than last time.  I did 10 days this time, and never hit the "I can't do this" crazies.  I triggered last night at 8pm and am going in for my retrieval in the morning. 

This whole time, I've said that I have a feeling about this one.  It feels different than IVF#1.  I don't know if its just because I know what to expect or what, but I really think this is the one.  I even had a fortune cookie tell me "your present plans are going to succeed."  How can a cookie be wrong?!  I've taken some extra steps this time, vitamins, a St. Gerard medal, meditation, we went to church.  I've sent meds I didn't need to people that are OOP.  That all has to mean something right?  Granted, I'd be just as happy just to help someone. 

I've been trying really hard not to get all caught up in things and get ahead of myself.  I did however, look ahead to what days could be transfer days.  (In my defense, I have to let my husband know for work)  If we make it to a 5dt this time, it'll be on monday, which is mine & my husband's dating anniversary.  We've been together 10 years.  It's really hard to believe where we are now vs 10 years ago.  It's funny because I wasn't even sure I wanted to date someone initially, but now I can't imagine my life without him. 

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that THIS is the cycle!
    Good luck, from someone who has been there.

    ReplyDelete