Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's Raining, It's Pouring.....

   It's been raining pretty hard here the past couple days.  I've also had a pretty bad headache.  I'm sure it's a combination of the weather & the fact that AF is on her way out.  Either way, it's all seemed to cause a bit of a panic attack.  When AF showed, I had to call my RE and let them know so they could fix the dates in my protocol and tell me when to start meds again.  Since I happened to be off on CD3, I asked them if we could check my cd3 labs.  We haven't checked in awhile and I'm curious where my FSH and LH are, especially since we saw all those cysts.  They agreed to draw them, which went fine.  My nurse called me yesterday to verify when I stopped my BCPs and told me my FSH level is 20.  That's just shy of doubled from the last time we checked.  She told me that's normal, since I was on bcp, however, that made me nervous.  I always thought that BCPs were supposed to quiet everything down.  I've been on BCP like all year, shouldn't my levels be low and everything quiet?
   Of course this caused some panic.  My lh level was 10.  Typically with PCOS (which isn't my diagnosis yet) there's a 1:1 ratio of FSH:LH.  On that theory, I'm fine.  Dr. Google isn't helpful at all.  I have spent the day trying to come up with a gameplan.  I started by looking for a therapist.  The problem I run into there is finding one that has a background in infertility.  This search brought up acupuncture which lead to diet....you see where this is going right?  I feel like I'm just a hot mess.
  I did manage to find a counselor group nearby that has one counselor that listed fertility as in interest.  I'm hoping that she has some idea about how this all works.  Hopefully it helps to talk to someone not involved.  I need to figure out this mess in my head before it consumes me.
  I have no clue what to make out of my diet.  The RI suggested low carb.  I can handle that.  Then I go to the chiropractor who says I should also cut out dairy.  Then I read on an acupuncturist's webpage how I should cut out gluten too.  WTF am I supposed to eat?  I'm going to end up with an eating disorder instead of a baby!  So what happens instead?  I freak out & stress eat.  It's a vicious cycle.
  I see the RI tomorrow to create our plan.  Hopefully that'll help me feel better.  I hate not having a plan.  I'm curious what she'll have to say.  The lab results still aren't in the patient portal, so hopefully she just hasn't reviewed them yet.  I'd like to hope that if they weren't in they would call & reschedule me.  I guess we'll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment