Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blackbird singing in the dead of night....

Yesterday was a good and bad day.  Let's start with the good.  I went in for my labwork and antral follicle ultrasound. I LOVE my new RE's nurse.  The ultrasound wasn't as bad as I thought, and she got my blood so easy for labs!  I definitely feel that we are making the right choice by switching.  We also got to spend time with my best friend, her husband and their almost 2 year old.  It was such a good time.  We looks at old pictures and laughed all night.

The bad....My best friend text me while we were on the way home to tell me a mutual friend of ours is pregnant.  She is unmarried and got pregnant from a booty call.  Apparently, the guy wants her to have an abortion, as he has 4 other children with 2 other women.  She plans to keep it.  I know I should just be happy that my friend is having a baby.  I can't help but feel extremely bitter about it.  She wasn't even trying!  We've been trying for almost 2 years, have had 3 failed IUIs, 4 medicated cycles, countless negative pregnancy tests, labs and painful tests and I've never even seen a glimmer of a 2nd line.  Now she gets a baby and I get to stab myself with needles up to 4 times a day and go through IVF.  WTF!?  Infertility is so unfair sometimes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment